Friday, February 15, 2013

I Q Matix Idea Chart - Stop Your Complaining



Scroll down to download a wallpaper background image of this mind map to use as a desktop reference poster on your computer. It’s designed to help keep you focused and motivated throughout the day.
Look for solutions…
Solve a problem…
Generate new insights and ideas…
Be accountable for your decisions and actions…
Seek understanding…
Brainstorm your options moving forward…
Show gratitude and appreciation…
Take full responsibility for your actions…
Make no apologies or excuses…
“Say and do something positive that will help the situation; it doesn’t take any brains to complain.”
Robert A. Cook
How can I resolve this situation?
How could I turn this around in my favor?
“When you consistently maintain a positive frame-of-mind, you’ll become known as a problem-solver rather than a complainer.”
Joseph Sommervill
What’s good about this?
How is this of value?
“The people who live in a golden age usually go around complaining how yellow everything looks’.”
Randall Jarrell
“He cannot complain of a hard sentence, who is made master of his own fate.”
Johann Friedrich Schiller
How am I responsible for this?
How can I make things better?
“Maturity is the ability to reap without apology and not complain when things don’t go well.”
Jim Rohn
“Complaining does not work as a strategy. We all have finite time and energy. Any time we spend whining is unlikely to help us achieve our goals. And it won’t make us happier.”
Randy Pausch
What should I be focusing on right now?
How will this benefit me?
How will it help me achieve my goals?
“Instead of complaining that the rosebush is full of thorns, be happy that the thorn-bush has roses.”
Proverb
How else could I view this situation?
“We can throw stones, complain about them, stumble on them, climb over them, or build with them.”
William Arthur Ward
“If you have time to whine and complain about something then you have the time to do something about it.”
Anthony J. D’Angelo
What can I do about this?
Who could help me?
What resources might I need?
“Complain to one who can help you.”
Proverb
“You don’t make progress by standing on the sidelines, whimpering and complaining. You make progress by implementing ideas.”
Shirley Hufstedler
What’s one idea I could implement right now?
What if I did…? How about…? What are the possibilities?
“I felt sorry for myself because I had no shoes — until I met a man who had no feet.”
Proverb
“It is better to light one small candle than to curse the darkness.”
Confucius
“Today I can complain because the weather is rainy or I can be thankful that the grass is getting watered for free.”
Unknown
Right now, what can I be thankful for?
Why is this important?
This iQuote Matrix is designed with three purposes in mind:
  • Firstly, the Quotations are designed to help you gain a different perspective and understanding about the topic.
  • Secondly, the Power Words and Phrases extending from the central image are designed to encourage you to shift your attitude and approach about the topic.
  • Thirdly, Key Questions are designed to help you to think more clearly, critically, analytically and flexibly about your life circumstances in relation to the topic of the iQuote Matrix.

Your Downloads

You may need to right-click the following links and select Save Link As to download the file to your computer
Download iQuote Matrix here:
Designed for Printing
An iQuote Matrix is designed for printing and pinning up on a wall. In fact, it is best used as a reference wall poster to keep you focused throughout the day. Simply print it out, hang it up, and refer to it consistently. In time, the knowledge shared within, will become fully integrated into your life, habits, decisions, behavior and actions.
I hope you find this tool of value. Please feel free to share your feedback and suggestions.
There is an accompanying IQ Matrix about the topic of complaining that complements this iQuote Matrix and provides you with more guidance on how to get out of the habit of complaining. Here is the link to the Quit Complaining IQ Matrix.

No comments: